In the VFP9 help, emphasis mine.  (don't have VFP8 installed anywhere to
what it says):
 Remarks

ISRLOCKED( ) returns a logical true (.T.) if the record is locked by the
current application; otherwise a logical false (.F.) is returned.
  Note

ISRLOCKED( ) only returns .T. in the data session that applied the record
lock.

Unless you read between the lines, it's still not obvious that it's only
returning YOUR lock status, not the file's.

Fred