I built j32 from current beta source and tested the segfault
was still there.
   load '~/a1.ijs'
   13!:0[1
   + Adv 2
|syntax error: Adv
|   (
|Adv[2]
      13!:0[0
      ^D
0xf7badc93 in lnumsi (d=0x80dc4c8) at /home/bill/gitdev/jsource/jsrc/dsusp.c:67
67       if(c=d->dcc){i=*(I*)d->dci; R(MIN(i,AN(c)-1)+(CW*)AV(c))->source;}else
R 0;
(gdb) p i
$5 = -138660251

I suspect i being negative number adding AV(c) gave an invalid
address.

I guess the bug had not been fixed for windows either, but it
just not manifested.

Пн, 17 окт 2016, Gilles Kirouac написал(а):
>    >>> J805 will NOT support J32 for linux and mac.
>

>     This is about a bug in J804 for linux32 which crashes J.
>
> ===================================
> [gilles@NetV03 j804]$ bin/jconsole
>       Adv=: 1 : 0
> (
> )
>       13!:0 ]1   NB. Reset and activate debugger
>       + Adv 2
> |syntax error: Adv
> |   (
> |Adv[2]
>          13!:0 ] 0  NB. Reset and deactivate debugger
> Erreur de segmentation
> [gilles@NetV03 j804]$
> ===================================
>
>      This very old bug (since the birth of 13!: ?) has been reported many
> times under various disguises with MS-Win, notably by Devon and   Oleg.
>
>      It has been corrected with the release of j803 for Windows, but not for
> Linux (same source?). Many thanks to whoever made the correction!
>
>      IMO, the debugger is an essential tool with scripts using explicit
> adverbs and conjunctions, for tracing repeated calls of arg verb(s) (for
> instance, to trace Devon's climb adverb at
> http://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/NYCJUG/2009-08-11 ).
>
>      The Linux 32b platform is likely to remain a platform used in schools
> for quite some time.
>
>      Could we not have a final Linux32 J version without this bug?
>

>      ~ Gilles
>

> Le 29/09/2016 à 19:41, Eric Iverson a écrit :
> > By J32 on linux I meant specifically linux on x64-intel hardware. This does
> > not affect rpi or other platforms that require (or have a real benefit
> > from) a 32bit version. We are not killing J32, just J32 on linux-x64intel
> > and mac-x64intel.
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Joey K Tuttle <j...@qued.com> wrote:
> >
> > > OK on the Mac side - maybe an issue with Linux on older machines (or maybe
> > > some newish things like Raspberry Pi v2), but time marches on ... (and I
> > > have to blushingly admit that j504 is used a lot in my older machines so
> > > can't complain seriously there...)
> > >
> > > - joey

> > > earlier

> > > 32bit

> > > For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --armor --export 4434BAB3