Thanks,  Rob
Of course!   And it worked.

I don't use the files script for user scripts under Windows,
as it's so easy to use File Explorer,  or utilities in a dos window,  so had clean
forgotten that the script was available in the iPad J installation.

The iPad (and presumably other i-devices) seems paranoid in its
determination to stop users seeing their own folders/directories.

Still puzzled about 1!:55 - is it not implemented for iPad?

Cheers,
Mike

sent from my laptop!
PS - sorry to have inadvertently copied irrelevant history earlier