I think 1!:55 should also work on iOS devices otherwise it is a bug.
However file system exposed  to J on iOS is restricted to sandbox, ie file
path name passed to and returned from 1!:x and jpath are sandboxed so that
the installation folder became the file system root /.  This should be good
for security reasons otherwise J users may accidentally delete or corrupt
files belonging to other apps.