That's great news! I echo Eric's suggestion for J users to take a look.
I've been using Jd for a few months now and it's been wonderful to work
with.

 I'm working with around 10 million rows of data which is just outside of
what Excel/PowerBI can comfortably deal with and even SQL Server on a
commodity box has some issues. I gave Spark SQL a try and Jd out performed
it and was much easier to understand. I was up and running with Jd in a few
hours compared to a day of frustrating trial and error with outdated Spark
SQL docs.

Jd docs and tutorials are good and getting even better. The database forum
is a good place to go too.

In my use, the real advantages over SQL (besides speed) are:

1. Generating and composing queries. It's so much more testable,
maintainable,and fun to write than dynamic SQL in stored procedures
2. Malleable result-sets. It's all in memory and doesn't require temporary
tables. New columns can sequentially without complicated subqueries
3. Full access to J primitives to be able express complicated business
logic in a notation that is closer to the domain vs SQL

There's no better time to try as far as I can tell

Joe