What I want is rather something (C here) callable like
noun1 C noun2
resulting in the adverb
noun1 u~ <result of noun1 V noun2>

What you say I knew except if the evaluation
rules changed in j9 and this is new bahaviour.

That said, I got rid of my nested 1 :/2 :
construct (I didn’t mention that yet)
and tried replacing m and n by x and y
but to no avail.

Am 27.02.20 um 01:37 schrieb 'Pascal Jasmin' via Programming:
u or m will be the argument to A.  x and y arguments to resulting verb.

it sounds as though you may be trying to do

A =: 1 : 'x u~ x V y'  NB. a valid dyadic adverb in j9

and this would be equivalent to

([ u~ V)

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 06:20:45 p.m. EST, Hauke Rehr