Hi all,
Hoping someone can help or offer some insight.
Upgraded from Alertmanager v0.20.0 to v0.23.0
We have a Monitoring Events system that can only auto process text based
emails which it uses to generate Incident tickets.
In v0.20.0 we just set html:'' , this no longer seems to be working on
v0.23.0 or v0.24.0
by default Alertmanager adds in html: '{{ template "email.default.html" .
}}'.
We send 2 emails, 1 with a custom html template to the k8s team and one
with a custom text template to the monitoring system:
Config is as follows:
global:
  smtp_auth_password: **************
  smtp_auth_username: *****@mycompany.com
  resolve_timeout: 5m
  smtp_from: k8s.alertmana...@mycompany.com
  smtp_smarthost: auth-forwarder.mycompany.com:25

receivers:
  - name: email-receiver
    email_configs:
    - headers:
        subject: '{{ template "__subject" . }}'
      html: '{{ template "email.custom.html" . }}'
      send_resolved: false
      to: k8s-t...@mycompany.com

  - name: ITSM-receiver
    email_configs:
      - to: monitoringeve...@mycompany.com
        send_resolved: false
        headers:
          subject: '{{ template "__subject" . }}'
        html: ''
        text: '{{ template "email.custom.txt" . }}'

route:
  group_by:
  - alertname
  group_interval: 5m
  group_wait: 30s
  receiver: email-receiver
  repeat_interval: 2h

  routes:
  - receiver: 'email-receiver'
    matchers:
      - alertname=".+"
      - severity="warning|critical"
  - receiver: 'ITSM-receiver'
    matchers:
      - alertname=".+"
      - severity="warning|critical"
templates:
- /etc/alertmanager/configmaps/alert-template/*.tmpl

Has the option of using html:''  been removed from the latest versions or
is there a way around this.