Or do I need to change it to explicitly say in the crit and warn mail to
range over the .Alerts.Firing in order to get the third receiver to work?

receivers:
- name: 'email'
  email_configs:
  - to: 'syswa...@xxx.com'
    send_resolved: false
    headers:
      subject: 'Critical: {{ .GroupLabels.alertname }} - Instances: {{
range .Alerts.Firing }}{{ .Labels.instance }}, {{ end }}'

- name: 'email_warning'
  email_configs:
  - to: 'syswa...@xxx.com'
    send_resolved: false
    headers:
      subject: 'Warning: {{ .GroupLabels.alertname }} - Instances: {{ range
.Alerts.Firing }}{{ .Labels.instance }}, {{ end }}'

- name: 'email_resolved'
  email_configs:
  - to: 'syswa...@xxx.com'
    send_resolved: true
    headers:
      subject: 'Resolved: {{ .GroupLabels.alertname }} - Instances: {{
range .Alerts.Resolved }}{{ .Labels.instance }}, {{ end }}'