roger,

On 6 Aug 2012, at 14:08, Roger Bishop Jones wrote:

> On Sunday 05 Aug 2012 15:36, Rob Arthan wrote:
>
>> If anyone feels minded to look at this and advise how it
>> could be adapted to work with Mercurial or Git, I would
>> be very grateful. My ideal would be to be able to map
>> between Mercurial or Git and RCS. Any feedback on this
>> would be gratefully received.
>
> I tried it but failed to build xpp.
> Lots of undefined references:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-
> gnu/4.4.3/../../../../lib/libXm.a(TextIn.o): In function

Thanks for the prompt feedback.

I am assuming this is on a platform where you can build from the OpenProofPower
distribution. If so, my first guess is that you don't have the libraries in the
form you need to link xpp statically, which (confusingly) is the default in the
xpp makefile but not the default when you build with configure. Could you try
again with PPMOTIFLINKING=dynamic ?

Failing that, we need to compare the gcc call that caused the errors with the
one that works when you build from the OpenProofPower distribution.