David,

Glad you’re enjoying using ProofPower.

You could perhaps achieve something like the effect you are after with sieve as
it is and a sieveview
file of your own devising. Say you wanted to organise your stuff into 3
sections which appear
in the document in top-down order, but need to to appear in SML code in
bottom-up order. Then
you could have three different categories for SML code:

=SML1
=SML2
=SML3

and one view for LaTeX (tex, which would output the stuff in order) and three
separate
views for SML (say sml1, sml2 and sml3 which would only output only the
corresponding
category). Then you’d create your SML program by concatenating the output of
three
runs of sieve.

As Roger said, ProofPower is open source and you are very welcome to contribute
if
you fancy enhancing xpp. However, it has grown out of a very simple idea I had
a long time
ago and is now a bit of a monster.  You might like to look at Norman Ramsey’s
noweb
which is more directly influenced by Knuth’s thinking
https://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/ <https://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/>

Regards,

Rob.