Hi Rob,

I have just got the problem solved. The problem is that it is the first time
that I installed xquartz, therefore, I need to logout and log back in, so that
system can update the DISPLAY environment variable…

> That sounds like an X Windows configuration problem. Here are a few questions
> that may help to diagnose the problem.
Although the problem has been solved, I still answer those questions just for
future reference.
> Are you using XQuartz or some other X Windows implementation?
xquzrtz
> Is X Windows running?
yes
> Can you run XQuartz from the Applications folder?
yes
> Can you run any other X applications like xterm?
yes

best,
Yuhui

-----