Protels numbering and renumbering system just plain doesnt work. Its a
pity as Protel has worked out ways to paste multiple sections of schematic
and pcb (so that you only need to design one section) but cant figure out
the correct way to renumber the designators so you can do a DRC of
schematic to pcb.

I use an add on server from Qual ECad  that renumbers the designators
 (in both sch and pcb) by either adding a suffix (R1-> R1_1, R1_2, R1_3 etc ) or
 an offset (R1 -> R100, R200, R300 etc)  The designators then match up and
 you can do a full DRC.

You can download it (its freeware) from theQualEcad website   www.qualecad.com

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Bayswater Dr, Homebush        Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

         Australia's Leading Semiconductor Designers

Robi Bittler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/07/2001 01:14:28 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]