Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 01:07 PM 2/9/01 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
> >     Traces in the middle layers under a mounting hole can still be
> > damaged by screws being tightened just above.
>
> Has anyone actually seen this? Unless the board is massively deformed, I'd
> be somewhat surprised.

I have seen traces on inner layers under a screw head damaged, but the
PCB had been damaged by being too loosely mounted. Vibration had
wallowed out the hole and the screw head had chewed up a good bit of the
board under the head.

  This was not a case of damage due to tightening, but for many of my
boards I avoid traces under the screw heads never-the-less.

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs