Hello all,

        I relatively new to Protel use, but I've been noticing something
related to this discussion. When I have a via that is used to connect a top
layer signal to a mid layer signal, I drop the via down and Protel makes the
connection, but there is no pad around the plated through hole. I was always
taught that you want the internal layers to have some pads to make it easier
for the current to flow. I was playing around with the tool, and I couldn't
find any easy way to change the properties of the via to include this
feature. any ideas?

        Also, I was trying to create plain drill holes for mounting purposes
only (i.e., no signal connected to them) and I couldn't figure out how to do
that??

        "Any help would be very, umm...helpful", says the rookie to the big
crowd...

Eric Strand
Advanced Systems and Technology
BAE Systems