This is a symptom of SPICE being unable to
determine an operating point due to an
inflection or discontinuity in the equations.

You'll often see this if there's a node with
no DC path (e.g. two capacitors in series).
The solution to this is to put a LARGE resistor
in parallel with one of the caps (e.g. 10^12 ohms),
which allows the operating point to be determined
but doesn't exert any practical effect on the
circuit.

It's not a bug in Protel, but a symptom of the
way SPICE analyses circuits.

Occasionally, setting the stepping interval very
small may assist, however SPICE will self-shrink
its stepping intervals whenever it approaches
a high-slope variable, so this only assists under
specific circuit conditions.

Cheers,

John Haddy