The following message was redirected to postmaster due to damaged headers.
It's now being re-submitted for the original sender.  - Forum Administrator

From: Duane Hague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Net Name Conventions
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:05:38 -0500

I am currently running the 99SE-Trial Package will I wait for the refund
from a certain unsatisfactory/unnamed EDA competitor that will allow me to
purchase the full 99SE package. While running the trial package, I have
come across no mention of net-naming character restrictions in any of the
Protel manuals/docs or help files. From my playing around with the
packages, I suspect that it would be a very good idea to establish some
net-naming conventions before I start any major design entries. I am
thinking about naming conventions such as prefix/suffix to indicate
active-high, active-low, active-edge, and/or logic level (TTL, LV, or
LVDS) I have used other EDA packages where the wrong choice of naming
conventions could make it really difficult to deal with the
netlist. However, I don't yet have enough experience with 99SE to trust my
own judgement on this topic.

If any of the experienced users would be willing to take a few minutes to
share their wisdom on what net-naming conventions work best for Protel 99SE
in both schematic and PCB modes, I would be both thankful and respectful
(at least in public).

Thanks in advance from an almost newbie,
Duane Hague