From: Rob Malos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:13 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Print preview generates bogus blank
print

Tim,
       I have seen this before on a networked HP laser printer (not sure
which
model). Workstation was running Windows '98SE. It is a Protel problem as it
also
happens with some other printers (one of the small Brother lasers), even
when
they are local. In trying to prove to Protel that there was an issue here I
even
set up the printer so that it printed to a file. Protel generated a file for
every page in the print preview even when just refreshing the preview. They
are
generating data and sending it to the printer when there is no need. Some
pritinters just ignore this 'blank' data others produce a blank page.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this, it is something Protel needs to
look at.

Regards,

Rob Malos,
Cyborg Design.