At 02:24 PM 2/26/01 +0800, Yu-Ming Luo wrote:
>But when I try to place a component from the library list, I get a
>MIRRORED component, It's to say that when I try to place it on the top
>layer, but it appears on the bottom layer, only a mirrored designator on
>the top overlay.

What are the part settings in the place dialog? Place will remember the
last used setting. As I recall, it does *not* default to TOP except on
install. From then on, it's where you left it. For what Mr. Liu wants, the
setting should be for Top Layer. If it is set for the bottom layer, the
part will appear on the bottom and it will be mirrored.

Also, when in the place dialog, look at the designator settings. You can
easily get that screwed up as well. If placing on the top layer, it should
also read top overlay and should not be mirrored.

It looks like Mr. Luo has the layer set for bottom, the designator set for
top overlay, and the designator is mirrored.

Generally, I place all components on the top side, then move them where I
want them. It's just simpler that way, and much more than half the time,
it's right from the start.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690