My "solution" to this is to use sheet sizes appropriate to the
contents (e.g. A4 when there's only a couple of components,
while A2 holds four times as much). When printing, I always
choose "Scale to fit page", so that all sheets end up the
same size.

I find that A2 is the largest sheet practicable when printing
to A4 paper (else the net names get too small to read).

The downside to this is that title boxes vary in printed size
from sheet to sheet within a project.

Hope this helps,

John Haddy