Brad Velander
Lead PCB Design
Norsat International Inc.
#100 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
V5C6G9.
voice: (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
fax:    (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 6:10 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: newbie can't get power and groundplanes
to connect up

I think that in schem if the pin number is null (blank) then the pin
name will be used in the netlist, no?
If both are filled out then the pin number is used.

I agree the ERC is useful, but as you point out there is a lot of
potential hassles with the pin types (input, output, etc.), namely
outputs shorted together that you do want shorted, likewise powers.
Since I am most often looking for hanging inputs or open power pins to
simply things (and consequently perhaps reducing the potential
effectiveness of the ERC) I generally make power 'input', inputs
'input', outputs often passive.
not perfect, but it has sped me up without problems (yet....)

Dennis Saputelli