You can control the contents of the status bars with the following functions in the
RT_Forms unit:

Procedure StatusBar_SetStateDefault;
Procedure StatusBar_PushStatus;
Procedure StatusBar_PopStatus;
Procedure StatusBar_SetState(Index : Integer; S : TString );
Function StatusBar_GetState(Index : Integer) : TString ;

Where Index is:

1:   The top left control on the status bar.
2:   The middle control on the top section of the status bar.
3:   The top right control on the status bar.
4:   The bottom control on the status bar.

When setting the state of a particular status bar, you will want to preserve the
current state by doing a push/pop status.

For example:
StatusBar_PushStatus;
while displaySpecialCoordinates do
  StatusBar_SetState(1, 'x: ' + IntToStr(xCoord) + '   y:  ' + IntToStr(yCoord) );
StatusBar_PopStatus;

John Williams
QualECAD

Ian Wilson wrote:

> On 04:04 PM 10/03/2001 -0500, Brian Guralnick said:
> >Hi,
> >
> >     I was wondering if it was possible to modify the schematic & PCB?  I
> >noticed on Protel's site, they talk about making a server for the design
> >explorer.  I'm interested in adding some additional coordinates to be
> >displayed on the status bar while I work on a PCB.  Is this possible?
> >
> >_____________
> >Brian Guralnick
>
> This might be better directed to the developer list.  What you are asking
> is whether the status and/or command status bars are exposed in the API -
> my bet is NO, but I haven't looked so I could be wrong. They may be
> accessible through the relevant Delphi component/Win32 calls.  It may also
> be possible to make a non-modal (floating above the P99SE window but still
> allowing the PCB/Sch editor to have focus) window that could show your
> extra info - a cludge.  You possibly need to play around with the robots to
> do all this as you will need to get constant messages about mouse movements
> regardless of the state of the PCB/Sch editor.
>
> I posted a number of questions on the developers list that were at a
> similar depth to the issues I talk about above and got zero answers.  The
> Developers forum is hobbled due to:
> 1) A pre-release NDA that has not been formally revoked even though the SDK
> has been in pre-release fro the last two decades (or so it seems).
> 2) Maybe there is some commercial issues raised with the really deep
> questions on the SDK.  (Those with deep knowledge of the SDK are trying to
> use it to make money.)
> 3) There are not many members on the developers forum
>
> You could try asking your question directly to Protel support as they will
> no doubt pass it onto someone that can answer it.
>
> Good luck but don't hold your breath.

* To join or leave this list visit: