On 04:04 PM 10/03/2001 -0500, Brian Guralnick said:
>Hi,
>
>     I was wondering if it was possible to modify the schematic & PCB?  I
>noticed on Protel's site, they talk about making a server for the design
>explorer.  I'm interested in adding some additional coordinates to be
>displayed on the status bar while I work on a PCB.  Is this possible?
>
>_____________
>Brian Guralnick

This might be better directed to the developer list.  What you are asking
is whether the status and/or command status bars are exposed in the API -
my bet is NO, but I haven't looked so I could be wrong. They may be
accessible through the relevant Delphi component/Win32 calls.  It may also
be possible to make a non-modal (floating above the P99SE window but still
allowing the PCB/Sch editor to have focus) window that could show your
extra info - a cludge.  You possibly need to play around with the robots to
do all this as you will need to get constant messages about mouse movements
regardless of the state of the PCB/Sch editor.

I posted a number of questions on the developers list that were at a
similar depth to the issues I talk about above and got zero answers.  The
Developers forum is hobbled due to:
1) A pre-release NDA that has not been formally revoked even though the SDK
has been in pre-release fro the last two decades (or so it seems).
2) Maybe there is some commercial issues raised with the really deep
questions on the SDK.  (Those with deep knowledge of the SDK are trying to
use it to make money.)
3) There are not many members on the developers forum

You could try asking your question directly to Protel support as they will
no doubt pass it onto someone that can answer it.

Good luck but don't hold your breath.

Ian

* To join or leave this list visit: