Hi All,

Mike Reagan wrote:

> Abdul.

Snip

>    I learned something long ago "the
> customer is always right"....that's allot of bull hockey.

Mike I agree. That is a great phrase from our time. But the customer is Not
always right just they ARE the Customer.
Sometimes you have to do the dance to make them feel good and rely
on the years YOU bring to the project.

Further more I would like to have a diverse customer list as I do, but that did
not
require small Jobs. Every job requires documentation. One 10k job only
needs 1 assembly drawing and 1 fabrication drawing. the other totals
forty per Mr. Lomax's scenario ( remember a quote scenario). As you stated it is
hard to factor customer contact and shmoosing into a quote, all of which take
time.

We all do the best we can. I wish we had a better way to charge as far
as a universal rate but cost of living varies from state to state, country to
country
(as Mr. Lomax has explained to me personally).

I don't autoroute as most of my work won't allow it. I've found recently
with the increased work load that some of my customers have tried other
services and found them to be lacking compared to what I give them. Some
of that is just simply that I have done their work for so long I will
incorporate
what their manufacturing depts. request in their R&D designs thus saving them
a bundle in relayout. I look for loyal customers if there is such a thing. They
get "priority service", my loyalty in return.

Anyway I'm sorry for so a long winded Reply. And Mike I will respond to
you latest email asap. Thanks!

Jim McGrath
CAD Connections, Inc.

> later