My opinion: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've seen other mail lists curl up and die because of a
debate by a small core of members over how to make it
"better" - which had the effect of getting almost everybody
else to unsubscribe because the majority of posts became not
relevant to the reason they were subscribed in the first
place.

I haven't seen anything much on this list that would cause
me to want to go elsewhere - either from the point of view
of wanting a different host or from getting frustrated with
off topic posts. As far as "off topic" content goes, I think
it's better to self-regulate than have a central arbiter
telling us when a thread is not apropos to the core list topics.

John Haddy

* To join or leave this list visit: