At 09:13 PM 3/25/01 -0800, Jim Mcgrath wrote:
>The discussion does not belong anywhere but here at this time. It is
>VERY Relevant.

It's not up to me. As the owner of this list, Techserv, has politely
requested us not to carry on discussions on this list unless they are
specifically on topic; I quote the rules:

>The Protel EDA Forum
>Chances are this is the forum that will interest you most. It's a
>technical forum where the discussions are restricted to Protel software,
>related EDA software, and design techniques.
>Any other topic of discussion is not appropriate and is not permitted on
>this forum.

A number of us have received mail from the Administrator:

>Earlier today you posted an off topic message to the EDA forum. These types
>of discussions should be posted to the Open Topic Forum.

If Techserv makes it clear that we may discuss such issues here, I'll do so.

I've already written more than I think appropriate under the circumstances.
While there is misinformation, in my opinion, in some of what has been
written on this topic, I will write in response, if I have time, in the
Open Topic forum.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training