Hi all,

Many thanks to those who helped me out with this.  I got it working OK!

Not very clever is it?  The flatten utility appears to do nothing of value
except create files from links which links must be manually created one by
one anyway. - Try this with 27 sheets & see how long it takes.
I could not get it working unless I manually re-named all file references in
the master drawing as well.

So far I am unable to see what difference there is in the result by just
copying
the master module 'n' times and renaming all the copies.  This would be less
work than using "Complex to Simple" which still seems reluctant to do
anything unless EVERYTHING is 'just so'.

Looks like all connectivity to the parent sheet is lost in this process.  So
it seems that changing anything in a complex hierarchy module after the
flattening process means a very tedious rebuild or great care is needed with
global edit across sheets.  Am I mistaken here?  Anyone know for sure?

Anyway - artpack is nearly complete and that's the main thing - ta very
muchly.

Regards,
Jim Parr

* To join or leave this list visit: