Dear Tim Coleman,

[I haven't actually done this, I'm just speculating.]

You have the image in a ".gif" file, right ? (".png" is a little bit better, but
I don't think paint can handle it yet).

Try importing the file itself into your ".ddb": while inside Design Explorer,
click the "Explorer" tab and "documents". Then "File | Import" and select the
file. You can put any arbitrary file into a ".ddb". (Unfortunately, sometimes
you can't get it back out, if it ends with one of the "special" extensions).

Can you import that graphic image (the one inside the .ddb) into your schematic
?

"Coleman, Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 2001-02-15 02:45:27 AM

I created a schematic library symbol and imported a graphic image (snapped
from the pdf data sheet and massaged in paint) I was quite pleased with the
results.
However, after finishing my schematic I emailed the ddb to my collegue who
was to generate a pcb layout. I noted that when he opened the ddb, the
graphic images were missing from the schematic symbols. It would seem that
Protel doesn't retain the graphic detail in its ddb but references the
location of the image.

Is there a way of importing the graphic image so that the ddb can be truly
transportable without losing the graphic?

* To join or leave this list visit: