Brad Velander,
Lead PCB Designer,
Norsat International Inc.,
#300 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., V5C 6G9.
Tel. (604) 292-9089 direct
Fax (604) 292-9010
website www.norsat.com

        Was already mentioned, use the report facility within the library
editor.

> It's obvious on symbols with a common geometric
> representation (NOR gates,
> inverters).
> On larger chips, the pins marked with the little triangle
> "CLK symbol" are
> obviously inputs,
> but what about the other (non-clock) inputs and outputs ?

        There is no standard per se, somebody probably has some methodology
but it is probably in conflict with other standards.

> symbols, a "power" part and 4 identical "function" parts. One
> must remember to
> place *all* the parts of a real component somewhere on the schematic.

        I don't quite understand your comment here, there is no absolute
requirement to place all parts. It is much cleaner in a number of ways which
include, all parts are on the sheet, all inputs/outputs can be properly
terminated.

> Is there a standard way to indicate (on paper) which pins are
> input and which
> pins are output on a (b)-flavored schematic symbol ?

        No.

> Does anyone actually use the "Hi-Z" pin type ?

        I use all the proper pin types. It does generate a fair number of
error/warning reports but then that just makes me double check everything to
assure the design is as intended.

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -