From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 5:30 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Multiple net names - how does Protel pick one?

On 02:45 PM 2/05/2001 -0700, Drew Lundsten said:
>A quickie, I hope:
>
>When (intentionally) using multiple net names in a schematic, I have often
>wanted to force the choice of one net name over another in the netlist
>(usually with a Nets and Ports Global scope), while leaving all net labels
>there in order to add some legibility to the design. Is there a way to
>control this?
>
>Drew Lundsten    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             direct  +1.858.882.8828
>Continuous Computing Corporation                fax  +1.858.777.3388
>9380 Carroll Park Dr, San Diego 92121          cell  +1.619.847.4251

No.

Protel does not officially support multiple netnames - it just seems to
choose one of them.  Possibly the first it comes to and this may be related
to the sheet order issue mentioned before (that affects the print out
order).  Others may have done more experimentation.

As a work around, you could make all but the desired netlabels annotations
rather than a netlabel.  You get the advantages of formatting your Sch as
you wish but without the multiple netnames disadvantage.  Of course you
need to put the real netlabel on every connection.  You would be defining
one net name and using annotations to simply document additional
information as you wish.

I have a question though - how does multiple netnames and a scope of Nets
and Ports Global make a sch more legible?

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: