Brad,

No I haven't tried any OSPs. We have been using Gold Immersion and HASL only.
Any sources I find will largely be in Australia as I work there. However,
we have a
division in Tempe which have access to the Silver technology. If I can find out
more I'll let you know.

At 05:05 PM 10/07/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Colin,
>         I was following a similar path several months ago and it came to an
>abrupt end when the manufacturers of the processes stopped returning my
>calls or forwarding information.  I had three vendors who wanted to use the
>immersion silver on our boards but I couldn't get suitable responses or
>information from the process manufacturers.
>         After several attempts I stopped trying, I don't chase people who
>don't want my business. Seems they were more then willing to send their
>glossy literature with the vague performance claims, I was pursuing more
>detailed performance specifics when the well of information dried up. It was
>no loss to me as we currently use the Organic White Tin process and are
>quite happy with it. The three fabricators are probably a little peeved
>because I didn't get the support that would have allowed me to qualify their
>silver process for at least initial prototypes to start.
>
>         If you find a cooperative source possibly you could let me know how
>to contact them, I am still looking for the detailed performance information
>if I can find it. Have you looked at the Organic White Tin process
>(Omikron)yourself?
>
>Brad Velander,
>Lead PCB Designer,
>Norsat International Inc.,
>#300 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
>Burnaby, B.C., V5C 6G9.
>Tel. (604) 292-9089 direct
>Fax (604) 292-9010
>website www.norsat.com

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this
message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete
this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply
email. Any content of this message and its attachments which does not
relate to the official business of Varian, Inc. or its subsidiaries must be
taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No warranty is made
that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.