Hello,

How many of you out there talk with the PCB manufacturers Process Engineer
to see how they will do the PCB Layer Stackup?

A IPC lecturer recomends I always talk to the Process Engineer and should be
doing extensive documentation on my PCB
Fab Drawing.

I always only talk with the Sales contact (if that). I don't feel I have
time to go to the detail of contacting the Process Engineer
to find out what Cores they stock, what Prepregs they stock, how they intend
to do the PCB Layer Stackup, and then add
this PCB Layer Stackup information to the Fab Drawing after the vendor is
chosen.

I usually quote 3 to 4 PCB Manufacturers using their PCB Quote on-line. I
shop for best price because the PCB shops all
seem to have the quality I need. I only order Prototypes.

Jeff Adolphs
Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc.
Westerville, Ohio, USA