At 02:04 PM 7/12/01 -0400, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>Actually, there might be a dirty way to do almost exactly what you want.
>Brian's dirty way, I think this should work, haven't tried it yet.

I did try it before writing my post on this subject, and I gave the results:

>Another path, through the schematic editor and the MakeProjectLibrary
>command, is blocked because it ignores the data which one might want to
>take back into the Schematic Library editor. I also verified that certain
>key fields cannot be modified in the spreadsheet editor and taken back
>into the schematic. In particular, the Type field (Part Field 1) is like
>this, but also the Symbol name.

I would think it would be possible to write a server to accomplish taking
extended part data back into the library.

On a schematic, that part data can easily be different, instance to
instance. I'm sure that's why Protel didn't take it back. But it demolishes
this potential workaround. I too thought I had found a way, until I tried it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433