Hi Brad

        /--------\    say this is the track i just placed (for the outline)
net name = outline
        |         /
        |        /    (ooops, forgot the key part)  add a small track named
fill inside the
        --------      area, then drag a polygon completely over it (net name
= fill etc) it will only fill inside the area.( outside is dead copper)
then safely remove the outline tracks.

        this works for me assuming i don't need to repour the polygon. :-)

        i would agree though that the arcs are a pain in the a*s*

        Rich