I've also noticed that after building relatively complex footprints, such as
ball escapes for BGA devices with the escape track routing added and
modified over time, when I drag these parts around I notice little bits of
copper from tracks that no longer seem to be part of the library part!!!  So
am I probably falling victim some little momentary lapse from time to time?
But it isn't very clear what that would be.

regards,
Tim Hutcheson