Check that the template you're using doesn't contain references
to bitmaps that are on a slow network!

I ran into this problem when I was last in the USA - I had a local
copy of my design database, however the template included a bitmap
of the company logo which was referenced directly back to the
server in Sydney. So everytime Protel wanted to open a page or even
redraw it, it'd go fetch the bitmap from across the Pacific (there's
obviously no caching!).

I've had similar problems when the template file itself is the other
side of the world.

Cheers,

John Haddy