Today I tried to duplicate a section of a dual-cpu board, call it CPU1 (with
all its associated parts.)  When I do that on the PCB, each part of the
duplicated pcb layout has a _1 suffixed to it.  Fine.  Now for the purpose
of duplicating the schematic representation of that, I copied the
corresponding schematic section onto a new sheet (part of a multi-sheet
project) expecting P99SE to create the same suffixed relationship of the new
parts, which would be fine for my purpose as I expected to renumber and
synchronize later.  However I couldn't reproduce the PCB behavior in copying
the parts, that is, no _1 suffixes.  The motivation is to create a
synchronizable match between the PCB and SCH layouts which can then be
renumbered.

So how does one do this correctly?

regards,
Tim Hutcheson