> Hello, all:
>
> I am trying to open an Orcad DSN file into Protel 99SE with no success.  The
> message I get is:
>
> Error reading Orcad Cache!
> Try to Cleanup Cache first!
>
> Any idea what that means and how to work around it?  Or is this another
> Protel advertised "feature" that doesn't really work?
>
> I don't know what version of Orcad was used to create the DSN file, and I
> cannot find out (there is no one to ask).

You might be able to pull the DSN file into Wordpad (or your favorite
binary file viewer) and see if an ASCII readable software version number
can be seen.  Many of the packages put the creating software's identification
and version at the beginning of the file.

This would at least give you a small piece of data to check compatability
of the Orcad file with Protel.

Jon