From: "Piers Watts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 3:26 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Changes to the Protel company name

Hi Everyone,

Further to yesterday's announcement that Protel International Limited has
changed its name to Altium Limited, we would like to clarify that this will
not affect the Protel product line or its development in any way.

The Protel board-level design tool remains a core part of the Altium product
range. Since its creation in 1985 as Protel PCB, through to its current
version, Protel 99SE, the Protel name has represented affordable and
easy-to-use PCB design tools.

However, with the growth of the company and incorporation of new & acquired
technologies, Protel as the company name no longer accurately represented
our product range. The name change has been made to remove this anomaly and
allow each of our product lines to continue to be developed and enhanced in
their own right. With this repositioning we are now able to ensure that the
Protel product will be independent and continue to be a driving force in the
board-level-design arena.

Please continue to visit the Protel web-site at www.protel.com for all your
product information and on-line technical support needs. And be sure to
regularly check out the new www.altium.com for company-wide news and other
product announcements.

Best regards,

Altium Limited

* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=ave%20proteledaforum