Has anyone noticed that a DXF export of a PWB print can rotate part text
locations ? I am doing up an assembly drawing in AutoCAD and this anomoly is
going to have me up to my neck in .... over diode polarity orientations. The
drawing will differ from the board and it shouldn't. The DXF export appears
as a single drawing, so an attempt at ungrouping to fix/edit this problem
appeart not to help. To me, this makes the DXF output capability freaking
useless for assembly drawings at any level. This bug is extremely serious to
me, as I will be forced to live in ECO hell.

On my earlier SPICE problem, you have to watch were Protel exports it's
stuff when unripping the .ckt files to a vendor folder. It's supposed to
appear in the Library\Sim directory under the vendor folder name. The
internal SPICE model name in the .ckt file must also be identical to the
thing that is called up in the parts fields. If that info is not there, you
have to go into the DDB source file and edit the info there. It cannot be
done on the fly in a destination DDB.

While that is all well and good, now I have vendor SPICE models which are
reported to be 'too rich' for the simulator and 'too poor', in terms model
information. I thought SPICE was SPICE, but I guess I am wrong. There may be
a potential need to edit SPICE models on times for querkiness. Anyways, I
know the subject of the simulator engine has not come up much here. If
anyone knows of a group discussing these issues, please let me know.

I guess we are all troubled over product support. At first in the Protel
buy, it was coming every other month, now it seems dead. E-Gad seems to be
getting all the attention.

Fabian Hartery
Research Engineer
Guigne International Limited