Hi
Can anyone tell me how to place a component on to a schematic without being
on a pcb and vica versa?  (using syncronizer on Protel 99SESP6)

ie.  on a scematic I have symbols in the library for safety critical
information etc by certain components. info only, no footprint.  however
(D)esign/Update (P)cb thinks it should update this to the board then
complains that it can't find a footprint!!

Then on a pcb i have things like holes and heatsinks that i do not want on
the schematic and again the Synconizer complains and/or tries to delete them
depending on which way i am synconizing!

Am I missing something simple?

As always Many thanks

Rich

Rich Thompson