Unfortunately there is no way to tell the synchronizer to ignore a
symbol(not that I know of)

And although you don't want them on the schematic I think this is the only
way to do it(aside from unchecking the Delete components box in the
synchronizer)

To get around the issue of having wire pads, heatsinks, et. al. from being
deleted when Synchronizing we just use a symbol on the schematic for them.

For wires we use a simple Arrow with a pin on it and assign a footprint for
the size of pad we will need for the given wire gauge.  This is also applied
when doing Mounting holes, they will usually be placed in a row in a bottom
corner of the sheet.  This saves the time of manually adding the net on the
PCB.  Make sure you put a ring of silk screen around the pad's footprint if
you go this way... otherwise the pad is difficult to modify as a
component.... click on the silk screen ring to modify the component, and
click on the pad to modify the pad.

For Heatsinks we have a symbol with no pins, that is assigned to the
heatsink footprint so that it does not disappear when Synch'ing.

We have also, at times, used either an existing or completely separate sheet
in the schematic hierarchy to include mechanical, or 'Off-Board' items for
BOM generation.  When these items are included in a sheet that also contains
PCB components they are designated in a manner to make them easily
distinguishable in the error messages so that they can be ignored.
Alternatively, if they are on a completely separate sheet you can choose to
temporarily remove this sheet from the hierarchy by deleting it's sheet
symbol and just replace the sheet symbol for this page when doing BOM
generation only.

I would like to see two checkboxes added to the Schematic Symbols.
NoBOM
NoPCB
I would still like them to be listed while Synch'ing for verification
purposes, but not generating errors, just showing information and being
separated into their respective categories.

Not sure if that will help... but there it is =)

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com