> everything associated with the unused pads is flagged as a DRC error. My
> desire
> would be to set a design rule where anything associated with these unused
> pads
> is not flagged, but everything else is to prevent missing any real DRC
> errors in
> this design.

Ken

Under tools,design rule checks,   only check off  Clearance and unrouted for
online and reports.  Do not check shorted- circuit constraint.    Your BGAs
and design will pass 100 % DRCs if the design is routed correctly.   No-Net
pads and fan outs will not be flagged.  The Clearance and short-circuit
check overlap a design rule check so your board will pass with clearance and
unrouted checked only. I design allot of boards and have no problems with
this method.  In all the designs I have ever completed with Protel, I have
only had three errors that escaped the DRC.  Two involved planes and one
involved the use of  a conflicting design rule for overlapping holes enabled
at the same time as my clearance rule.

It works
Mike Reagan
EDSI