Greetings all,

Is there a way to set up a design rule so that the defined keepout areas
only affect the outer layers (other than ignoring or turning off online
DRC)? I am routing an 8 layer pcb and the surfaces have rather complicated
keepout areas for a metal frame that mounts flush, but internally I have no
need to stay out of these areas but I can't seem to convince the DRC that
this is so (and I'm not sure I want to see what the autorouter does with
this - it'll be bad enough with a 680 pin 1mm pitch BGA).

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks & Best Regards - Evan Scarborough
www.e-cadds.com