Greetings Jon,

I have the missing dot syndrome also with the "default" font , but when I
use the "san serif" font I get dots again.

Another thing that may be happening if the text is small is that the plotter
sees dots as a "zero length draw" and some board houses have their plotters
or front end editor ignore these as they can clutter up a file with lots of
unneeded data on jobs with polygon pours & etc.

As for the DXF I have not seen that, but you may want to scale the items to
size and locate all in the positive "quadrant" so protel can draw it before
creating the DXF. Also generating a DXF with only 4 or 5 place decimal seems
better than autocad's default of 16 places (somewhere around a micron is
overkill for PCB work). If you need someone to run the data through AutoCAD
2000 or Solidworks I can give it a try for you.

Contact me "off-line" at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] if I can help.

Best regards - Evan Scarborough