Evan Scarborough wrote:

> Greetings Jon,
>
> I have the missing dot syndrome also with the "default" font , but when I
> use the "san serif" font I get dots again.

Ah, thanks.  That is a useful workaround, as it might take Altium a while
to get this fixed and in the next SP release.

> Another thing that may be happening if the text is small is that the plotter
> sees dots as a "zero length draw" and some board houses have their plotters
> or front end editor ignore these as they can clutter up a file with lots of
> unneeded data on jobs with polygon pours & etc.

No, because it doesn't even show up on the screen in Protel 99SE if you import
the Gerber.  The size of the characters does not seem to matter, either.

> As for the DXF I have not seen that, but you may want to scale the items to
> size and locate all in the positive "quadrant" so protel can draw it before
> creating the DXF. Also generating a DXF with only 4 or 5 place decimal seems
> better than autocad's default of 16 places (somewhere around a micron is
> overkill for PCB work). If you need someone to run the data through AutoCAD
> 2000 or Solidworks I can give it a try for you.

Oh, I should have mentioned that Protel Adv PCB 2.8 read the same DXF file with
no problems at all.  So, I read it into 2.8 and saved as a PCB, then read in to
Protel 99SE, and it was fine.  Very strange!

Thanks,

Jon