On 09:50 AM 4/09/2001 -0600, Cam Andruik said:
>Does anyone know how to force Protel99SE SP6 to stop "updating power plane
>connections".  I am deleting components off of a PCB to make a mechanical
>template and have cleared all nets and removed all layers except the Top and
>Bottom in "Layer Stack Manager" but still get the stupid "updating power
>plane connections" pause.
>
>Any help appreciated,
>Thanks
>
>Cam Andruik
>Harding Instruments

Even if you can't stop the "updating power plane connections" sequence you
can probably speed up your process.  Using global edits to select all the
components you want to delete by footprint(s) or whatever and judicious use
of Select-Inside, Select-Outside, Deselect-Inside... etc you should be able
to remove all or almost all the components you need to delete in one quick
Shift-Del.  Then you get the pause only once and it will be faster as lots
of components have disappeared from the design.

Ian Wilson