Many of you may know of this bug and it's fix.  I stumped a lot of very good
MIS folks that are still scratching their heads.  When I switched to win2k
to help the protel resource issue things were going well untill the other
day I received an error message on boot up that said my virtual memory file
was too small or not there at all.  I had upgraded the system memory to
256Mb a few weeks earlier and the system was just getting around to
complaining about the cramped paging file.

Windows always knows best so it substituted a 20Mb "temporary" paging file
until I fixed the old one.  I increased the size of the old page file, still
got the error. I reduced the page file to 0, still got the error. I put back
the page file 2X the size it wanted...error. I defragged and tried
again...error.  It seems the bug is in not letting go of temp file once the
correct paging file is in place.

The Fix....Someone suggested adding a system user to the list of permissions
under the hard disk security tab. Give it full control and set the page file
again...Fixed.  My system admin was not good enough?!

Go figure

Charlie