I want to have a non-rectangular void on a ground plane, but it appears I
can't put a polygon there, only a rectangular fill.  When I place a polygon,
my plane layers don't show up in the drop-down box for choice of layer.

So I've tried changing to having an non-plane, just an inner layer with a
large polygon connected to ground (DGND).  But it seems like the autorouter
doesn't "know" about it -- it routed DGND with traces.

I found a bit of a workaround -- leave the DGND plane there for the
autorouter, then remove it later.  I think another option would be to build
my void out of multiple rectangular fills.

Am I missing something?

(I've also found I have to turn off the display of the layer with the large
polygon if I want scrolling to be reasonably responsive.)

TIA,
Dwight Harm
Trax Softworks, Inc.