On 03:10 PM 25/09/2001 -0700, Ron Tupa said:

>Just loaded Service Pack 6 for Protel 99SE under Windows 2000.  When we
>shut down, it hangs there for about a minute, then a message, Program
>not responding , Program will be shut down and then shuts down.
>
>Has anyone else seen this?
>
>--
>Ron Tupa

Ron,

I use Win2K sp2 and P99SE sp6  - I do not see the problem your are seeing.

All my files are stored locally (in Access DDB format), that is not over a
network to a server.  Are yours?

Does it hang on shutdown if there are no DDB files open when you exit P99SE?

if it is not related to network or open DDBs then I think I would be
tempted to:
1) If you have any customizations, backup all the relevant ini and RCS
files in the Win 2k install directory (Client99se.ini, Advpcb99se.ini etc
and all the RCS files)
2) Un-install all the installed Protel Service packs in reverse order using
the add/Remove Programs
3) Uninstall P99SE
4) check that all signs of P99se have been removed and if really keen
delete any keys in the registry relating to P99SE
5) Restart
6) Install P99SE
7) Install SP6
8) Try again and swear when it still happens

One other thing that might be worth a look is the size of the INI files -
are any of the Protel ones getting really big?  I think Client99SE.ini
keeps a running log of opened DDBs - sort of a MRU list on steriods.  This
can make the ini file size blowout if you open lots of different files.  I
go into the ini file and edit out most of the old files on the list
occasionally.  But I would have though the ini file would have to be huge
to affect shutdown as you are seeing.

Just fishing,
Ian Wilson