On 05:49 PM 21/10/2001 +1000, Ian Wilson said:
>On 01:32 PM 20/10/2001 -0700, Ray Mitchell said:
>
>>Is there a macro recorder available for Protel 99SE?
>Ray,
>
>On some installations there is a Macro Maker - see what you have under
>File|New and then click the Wizards tab.
>
>I just looked on the machine I am at just now and it is not there.  But I
>am sure I saw it on a installation on a clients computer recently  and
>thought "that's right I had forgotten about that".  I think, from memory,
>that the single line help said something about it being a
>recorder.  Before I saw this last week I would have said "no, there is no
>recorder facility".

Sorry - bum steer I think.  I just looked again and in the server list
(Servers under the Client menu) there is a server called MacMaker.  It is
designed to allow you to capture (by selecting a window) a block of a
circuit and creates a macro to recreate that block.  It might have been
there (in the servers list) that I saw it rather than in File|New-Wizards.

I seems that it doesn't quite work right at it stands as it doesn't seem to
know about DDB files and insists on looking for a Sch directly on the hard
disk.

I suspect that this is a little used server that was never updated to be
DDB-aware when P99 was released.

Bottom line - MacMaker is designed to replicate blocks of circuitry and has
problems with Access-based DDBs.  It is not a general purpose macro recorder.

Sorry the bad info,
Ian Wilson